Time is irretrievable.
by Dave Skipper
2018 is gone forever. I had planned to post articles on this blog every week, but ended up skipping November due to time constraints. But I managed to keep on track the rest of the year. Overall I posted 47 articles, of which the top 7 most read were:
And the 2,500+ hits on this site came from 44 countries, of which the top 7 came from 6 different continents:
#1 – Japan
#2 – United Kingdom
#3 – United States
#4 – Canada
#5 – Austria
#6 – Brazil
#7 – Australia
Here are some of my goals for this year on this blog:
- General site layout/content/promotion:
– Update site layout and design;
– Add tags to articles;
– Make the content of some of the longer/denser article more accessible (easy-to-read summary versions? Podcasts?);
– Get some of the key articles and/or summaries translated into Japanese;
– I hate self-promotion, but somehow I want to try and get the word out about this blog a bit further online.
– I want to try and double my written output to two articles per week, while still only publishing one per week. This will build up a stockpile of articles enabling me to invest more time in the future to the deeper research that I am waiting to embark on.
– Start the Noise Interviews series
– Start the Book Reviews series
– Complete the A Brief History of Noise series
– Otherwise continue to post in the other ongoing series that I have already started.
– Discover and listen to more noise/experimental/avant-garde music;
– Maybe start to create and curate a series of short noise snippets for blog pieces;
– Maybe start a small independent tape label to self-release some short recordings;
– Start work on some larger concept recordings.
Finally, here is my underlying motto/vision for this blog in 2019 and beyond. It’s short and simple, but it’s also profound – and I guess it’s probably unique:
ENCOUNTERING THE GLORY OF JESUS CHRIST IN NOISE.
See you out there!